Dubai has So much to offer when it comes to tourism. From indoor ice rinks to enormous shopping malls, to sandy beaches, but your trip to Dubai wouldn’t be complete if you don’t go on a desert safari.
Following are some of the reasons why you SHOULD go on a Dubai desert safari:
- Adventure: For all the adrenalin junkies out there who want to go out and have some fun in Dubai’s natural habitat instead of staying indoors, desert safari is the way to go. You’d get to experience a thrilling dune-bashing ride as you ‘soar’ through the red dunes in a comfortable 4×4, surrounded by the vast and beautiful desert. For individual thrill-seekers, quad biking over the dunes is also an option you wouldn’t want to let go. And for the experienced surfers, prepare to experience ‘surfing’ on the sand as you sandboard down the dunes.
- Culture: While Dubai’s huge skyline and shopping spots and fountain shows are all great, if you really want to get a sense of the Arabian culture, you should definitely check out the desert safari. You’d get to appreciate the beauty of Dubai even more while you’re in the desert, especially if you take a camel ride across the red dunes while the sun sets over the horizon. The women can get their hands and feet painted with beautiful and intricate henna designs, which is also a great way to remember their trip to Dubai. You can also drink local tea and have a soothing Hookah smoke at the Hubbly Bubbly bar in a Bedouin-themed tent with friends and family. Furthermore, traditional clothing and souvenirs are also available during the desert safari.
- Food: The desert safari package includes an Arabian style BBQ buffet, with all sorts of dishes ranging from curries to kebabs, to biryani, to lamb chops as well as vegetarian options. All of these are sure to make your mouth water.
- Performances: When you make your way into the tent/seating area, you’d be treated to various mesmerizing performances like belly-dancing with the back-drop of beautiful Arabian music, followed by the Tanura dance, which is a beautiful traditional Arabic dance. The finale is usually an awe-inspiring fire show, performed by trained professionals, that is bound to leave a lasting impression on you.
- Socializing: Speaking from personal experience, I loved meeting new people from all around the world on my desert safari tour. It’s a great opportunity for you to make new friends in the middle of the beautiful desert while smoking hookah, or even while dune-bashing, etc. It’s always good to share good memories with others and trust us, you’ll love the socializing aspect of the desert safari.
- Escape from the metropolis: If you’re with friends or family or even if you’re alone, going on a desert safari away from the hustle and bustle of the city is a very calming and peaceful experience that is sure to help you unwind.
- Amenities: When people think of desert safaris, they sometimes think it’s going to be an uncomfortable experience. However, it’s the opposite; you travel in an air-conditioned jeep, you can relax in an amazing establishment if you want, there are clean and separate washrooms for men and women and the tour guides and jeep drivers are jolly and cooperative.
The pricing depends on whether you’re opting for a morning safari, an evening safari or an overnight desert safari, and also on how many people there are with you, the charges may vary from 50 AED to 300 AED, which you’ll find are very affordable and cheap. We recommend the evening desert safari for the best experience as it is the least costly and you can also get to experience the beautiful sunset and the timings are also such that there won’t be too much heat. I hope you enjoy the best desert safari experience! You can also check our Combo Deals For Dubai attractions.